General info | Location | Spread the Word | Photo Gallery | Volunteer | Be a sponsor | Contact info
Engineering Expo: Sponsorship
The annual Engineering Expo is our SWE section's largest outreach event of the year. In 2012, we had over 600 children and their families attend. The Engineering Expo is a free hands-on event aimed to get children interested in STEM careers! We would love for your company to be involved with this fun and exciting event. Ways to participate are listed below:
- Host a booth with your own hands-on Engineering activity (Your company will be expected to provide people to work the booth and the materials needed for approximately 600 children)
- Host a booth with a SWE activity (Your company will be expected to provide people to work the booth). The most common SWE booths we need volunteers at are:
- Slime (chemical engineering) - kids make their own slimy, stretchy, cross-linked polymer.
- Composites (mechanical engineering) - kids combine materials like polystyrene and duct tape to see how much hanging weight their combination can support.
- Marshmallow structures (structural/mechanical) - building activity with marshmallows & toothpicks.
- Talking on a light beam - translating electrical energy to light to send signals.
- General sponsorship – Donations will go toward the costs for the event such as activity supplies and advertising (your name will be part of the advertising for the event)
- Sponsor lunch for the attendees
- Sponsor breakfast bags for the volunteers (Your company name and logo will go on the bags)
- Sponsor coffee for the volunteers
- Sponsor t-shirts for the volunteers (Your company name and logo will go on the shirt)