Cessna is scouring the top schools in the country for only the best to fill one of six summer internship positions to fly a Cessna single-engine aircraft. As an intern for Cessna in the “Discover Flying Challenge” program, you will be the face and voice of the world’s leading general aviation company. You will be competing to be the “Ace” of the DFC program as you perform your duties as product ambassador at flight schools and venues across the United States. Throughout the program, you will be expected to leverage social media in new and unique ways to spread the word in “virtual barnstorming” that would make even Clyde Cessna himself, proud. If you think you have what it takes, read on:
General passion and enthusiasm for learning to fly which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Attend pancake fly-ins, open houses and other events planned by Cessna and affiliates
- Take pictures, video and post to Cessna’s social media outlets
- Travel to Cessna Pilot Centers throughout a defined territory and perform familiarization flights in Cessna products.
- Attend the famous EAA Fly-In Oshkosh, WI and talk with Cessna customers about your experience flying Cessna single-engine product.
- Speak fluently to the benefits of aviation as well as key performance aspects of the Cessna single-engine product.
Education: Minimum of Junior in an accredited college. Field of study is open although Marketing, Business, Aeronautical Engineering or Aviation Management is a plus.
- Certified Flight Instructor, preferred
- Minimum of 250 flight hours
- Garmin G-1000 experience preferred
- No incident/accident history
- No FAA action
- Professional attitude coupled with an extroverted, engaging personality
- IMC experience recommendation from a university department head
- Submission of a video clip, writing samples, and social media footprint
Video Sample Requirements:
Please submit a brief video audition (not to exceed 1 minute in length) of why you should be selected for Cessna’s Discover Flying Challenge. You’ll need to upload your video to YouTube and include the link to your video on your writing sample or resume.
Writing Sample Requirements:
This position will require writing and communicating with fans and followers in different styles and formats. Please develop and submit entries you would post about your first flight experience in the appropriate styles for the following communities:
- Blog post/journal entry
- Linkedln update
Apply online at DFC_jobposting.
Deadline to apply is November 29, 2013.